Garbage Disposal Repair in Fort Mill, SC
Garbage disposals make our lives easier. They provide a simple way of disposing of certain kinds of food waste. And, they make kitchen cleanup much more convenient. When the disposal is broken or clogged, it has the opposite effect. It leads to stress and annoyance. Thankfully, there are always options for disposal repair and replacement. Fort Mill Plumbing can help. Reach out to us to learn about garbage disposal repair in Fort Mill, SC.
Causes of Garbage Disposal Failure
Is your garbage disposal not working as intended? There are a number of possible causes. Here are a few of the most likely culprits.
- The disposal is clogged with a foreign object. If a ring, coin, or kitchen implement falls down the drain, it can prevent the disposal from working. Even the wrong kinds of food waste can clog a garbage disposal. For example, if you dispose of grease, it could congeal. This can result in a clogged drain line.
- There could be an electrical failure. If you turn on the unit and hear a low whirring noise, this points to electrical failure. You may need to have the motor repaired or replaced. Circuit breaker problems could also cause garbage disposal failure. Check your breaker if the unit is not getting power.
- Eventually, garbage disposals take on rust and wear. The blades lose their sharpness. Your unit will eventually be too old to be fixed. In this case, a new unit may be needed.
If you notice any of these issues, call Fort Mill Plumbing. We are proud to provide garbage disposal repair in Fort Mill, SC. We can also replace old units when needed.
Signs You Need Garbage Disposal Repair
Do you need to call garbage disposal repair in Fort Mill, SC? Here are some signs that your unit needs professional diagnosis and care.
- You notice unusual or abnormal noises coming from your disposal
- You find that you often have to reset the unit
- You have clogs that you can’t explain
- There’s no power going to your unit, even though it’s plugged in
- You have persistent, unpleasant odors coming from your drain
- You notice water leaks coming from your unit
- The disposal isn’t performing the way you’re accustomed to
- You’re remodeling your kitchen and want to include a brand-new garbage disposal
If you can check any of those boxes, give us a call. Fort Mill Plumbing is here to help with any garbage disposal needs. Contact us whenever you need assistance.
How Long Will Your Garbage Disposal Last?
Homeowners often ask us about garbage disposal longevity. How long can you expect a new unit to last? At what point is it normal to encounter some issues?
There are a number of factors that can impact your unit’s lifespan. The amount of use is one factor. More frequent use will lead to more wear and tear. How you use it is also important. Use your disposal as intended in order to extend its life.
A good rule of thumb is that garbage disposals last about 15 years. If you’re past that number and encounter issues, you may need a new unit. Contact Fort Mill Plumbing to schedule a service appointment.
Extending the Life of Your Garbage Disposal
There are some simple steps you can take to extend the life of your garbage disposal. Mostly, these steps encompass not using it for unauthorized materials. Remember that the disposal is intended mostly for tiny pieces of food waste. Using it inappropriately could lead to a clog.
Some things not to put down the disposal include:
- Oil and grease of any kind
- Stringy, fibrous foods (such as banana peels or potato skins)
- Hard foods like nuts, seeds, and pits
- Tissues, napkins, or any non-food item
- Foods that expand when water is added (uncooked rice and noodles)
Use your garbage disposal responsibly and extend its lifespan. But if you do have trouble, call a professional. Connect with us for unit replacement or repair. Fort Mill Plumbing is here when you need us.
Schedule Your Appointment Now
Why Choose Fort Mill Plumbing?
Fort Mill Plumbing is one of the most trusted local plumbers. We are well-regarded in Fort Mill, Rock Hill, Tega Cay, and Charlotte.
There are a number of reasons why homeowners choose us. These reasons include:
- We have years of experience helping home and business owners
- We are prompt, friendly, and polite
- You can reach us for 24/7 emergency services
- We always provide clear, up-front pricing
- We have a strong local reputation
Garbage disposals are supposed to make life better. If yours isn’t doing its job, call in the pros. There may be a simple fix that’s available. If not, we can remove your old unit. We’ll get rid of it for you and install a new one in its place. We can also provide our tips for extending the lifespan of your disposal.
Don’t let garbage disposal issues get you down. Contact us for your repair and replacement needs. Reach out to Fort Mill Plumbing today. Let us know you’re in need of garbage disposal repair in Fort Mill, SC.